Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tao of Twitter



http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx
?qu=bird&ex=1#ai:MP900262768|
            The Tao of Twitter written by Mark W. Schaefer is an excellent book about using Twitter to your advantage. To begin using Twitter you just need to post one thing and the ball begins to roll. Interacting with Twitter frequently and thoughtfully will gain you followers and allow you to keep them. Before you know it you will have more followers than you could have ever thought.
          
            The addition of followers will open opportunities up to you that you otherwise may not have had. This may be in the form of job opportunities, community event, or a new hobby. As a business owner, being able to advertise to your target market more specifically is greatly valuable, especially considering Twitter is free. It can also make your life much easier as a consumer when you are looking for goods and services.
           
            Before reading this book I was not familiar with some of the features that Twitter had to offer. Now that I am able to sort some of the information better, I can make sense of the great amount of information it has to offer. I know this book will help the everyday person because my mom also enjoyed this book. She was a novice computer and Twitter user and she can also say that it benefited her. I would recommend this book to anyone who uses Twitter or is interested in being acclimated to the Twitter community. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree about your comment to gain followers. All you have to do is tweet more often! Since I have been tweeting for this class, I have gotten new followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Andrea, Twitter really is a great tool for business, it hard to think what businesses did before social media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is crazy how big of a role social media plays in business nowadays. This book taught me a lot about the benefits of Twitter.

    ReplyDelete